The current world wide situation has forced a huge number of us to think differently about our exercise habits. Now that group training has been restricted, congregations are now no longer allowed and more people are working from home, the incidence of walking has increased significantly.
A few quick walking tips:
- Wear comfortable clothing that will decrease the likelihood of chafing, blisters and pain with walking.
- Wear layers so that you can remove or add layers as you need to guided by your temperature.
- Make sure that footwear fits well and isn’t too old to decrease the likelihood of pressure and overuse injuries.
- Choose a route that allows safety with traffic and surrounds.
- Be careful when walking outside of daylight hours. If time only allows you to walk outside daylight hours try to choose a track that has decent lighting and consistent footing to decrease the chance of falling over or causing injury.
- Listen to your body. If you’re experiencing pain, rest and try again in a day or two time. If pain persists, contact your physio.
All the best getting the most out of your walking in the coming months.